We have created a limited number of Tassie Boobs Make-A-Long (MAL) Kits, which includes the yarn, stuffing and patterns needed to make a pair of Tassie Boobs, together with some other fun extras.
We are honoured to be working with Boobs for Breast Cancer Tasmania to provide as many hand made prosthesis to breast cancer survivors as we can.
Join us for the MAL for the chance to win some awesome prizes!
To make & donate breast prosthetics, you must use a special yarn from a pre-approved list. This is to ensure that it's been tried and tested to not irritate sensitive post-surgery skin. We've put together this Tassie Boobs Kit, that has all the materials you need to knock out some knockers! Use of the kits is completely optional.
- 50g of Bendigo Woollen Mills 8ply Cotton
- 40 grams of poly fiber fill
- A Knit for the Girls 'Yarn Boob' Enamel Pin, designed by Shelli Can
- Shelli Can Boobie Pin
- A pair of survivor needle/end stoppers from Lovely Loops Designs
- Printed & PDF copies of the approved Tassie Boobs patterns - Crochet, Knit - DPN needles and Knit - Circular Needles
$10 from the sale of every Tassie Boobs Kit will be donated to Boobs for Breast Cancer.
You will need either a 4.5mm crochet hook or your choice of either DPNs or fixed circular knitting needles in 3.5mm, as well as a few stitch markers to make a pair of Tassie Boobs.
Your kit can either be posted to you, or alternatively, picked up from our dye studio in Claude Road, The Lucky Ewe in Oatlands or Bombed Yarns in North Hobart.
The kits are in-stock and available for immediate shipping.
Through the MAL (make-a-long) we aim to both raise funds for Boobs for Breast Cancer (a Tasmanian group of volunteers who co-ordinate the distribution of Tassie Boobs & are sponsored by the Rotary Club of Bellerive), as well as knit & crochet as many pairs of Tassie Boobs as we can.
The Tassie Boobs will then be passed on for free, to those women requesting them through Boobs for Breast Cancer and Breast Care Nurses in the Tasmanian hospital system.
What are Tassie Boobs?
Tassie Boobs are special handmade breast prostheses for women who have had breast cancer and undergone mastectomy or lumpectomy. Traditional breast prosthetics can be hot, heavy and sticky. They typically require special bras or camisoles with pockets and can’t be worn for weeks after surgery.
Tassie Boobs are soft, comfortable, beautiful and when placed in a regular bra they take the shape and feel of a real breast. They are adjustable, washable and can even be worn while swimming.
The MAL details:
How to donate your completed Tassie Boobs:
Tassie Boobs Drop Off Locations:
- Please post or drop off your completed Tassie Boobs to us by 30th November, including a label or note with your name and the size of Tassie Boobs you have made.
- If sending by post, please address your Tassie Boobs to: Louie & Lola Yarns, 10 Deacons Close, Claude Road, Tasmania, 7306.
Bombed Yarns - 16 Smith Street, North Hobart, Tasmania
The Lucky Ewe - 50 High Street, Oatlands, Tasmania
Louie & Lola Yarns - 10 Deacons Close, Claude Road, Tasmania
We will then collect and deliver all Tassie Boobs made during the MAL to Boobs for Breast Cancer, together with our group donation prior to Christmas 2023.
How to enter the Tassie Boobs MAL on Ravelry:
- There will also be two random winners drawn from the names of those who have made a pair of Tassie Boobs during the MAL. Each winner will receive a surprise yarn pack from Louie & Lola Yarns.
- Simply post a photo/s of your finished Tassie Boobs on this MAL thread by 30th November.
- Every photos of a pair of Tassie Boobs will be considered one entry.
Shipping calculated at checkout.