Get your Louie & Lola yarn set for Meg Gadsbey's 'New Light' Shawl.
'New Light' is a light and airy asymmetric triangular shawl designed by Meg Gadsbey, knitted on the bias in a soft and sleek silk merino cashmere fingering yarn and a floaty soft kid silk lace yarn.
Sections of ethereal lace are interspersed with contrasting striped bands of relaxing garter and socking stitch to create a simple and elegant design.
Each New Light Shawl Yarn Set will contain one skein each of our Merino Silk Cashmere Fingering and Mohair Silk Lace yarns.
Merino Silk Cashmere Fingering - Main Colour (MC)
- 70% superwash Merino / 20% Silk/ 10% Cashmere
- Colourway: Blue Sky
Mohair Silk Lace - Contrast Colour (CC)
- 72% Kid Mohair / 28% Mulberry Silk
- Colourway: Denim
The pattern will be available for purchase separately in Meg Gadsbey's Ravelry store here.
'New Light' Shawl Pattern Details:
MC - Approximately 400 yds/366 m of fingering/4 ply yarn.
CC - Aproximately 400 yds/366 m of lace/2 ply mohair yarn (or fingering/4 ply yarn, if preferred).
The sample was knitted in:
- MC - Louie & Lola Merino Silk Cashmere Fingering - Olive Grove - 1 skein
- CC - Louie & Lola Mohair Silk Lace - Seaspray - 1 skein
Needles & Notions:
- 6 US/4 mm circular needles, 32"/80 cm or 40”/100 cm long.
- Tapestry/yarn needle to weave in ends.
- 21 sts and 40 rows per 4"/10 cm in garter stitch after blocking.
- Gauge is not crucial but a different gauge will alter the finished size, drape and amount of yarn required.
- Wingspan (longest edge): 97"/246 cm;
- Depth: 17" /43 cm after blocking.
All yarns are hand dyed in small batches using professional quality acid dyes and heat set to ensure colours that will last.
Every effort has been made to remove any excess dye from the yarn, however a little may remain, particularly with dark and rich colours. It is therefore recommended to gently hand wash your hand dyed projects on their own, in cold water, with wool wash or a mild detergent.
Shipping calculated at checkout.