January 11, 2023
We are excited to be kicking off our first ever make-a-long, the #2023loveloKAL and #2023loveloCAL - where we will celebrate Australian & New Zealand yarns and knit & crochet designs.
It will be hosted in our new Louie & Lola Ravelry group, however you can also enter by hash-tagging your posts on Instagram.
We’ve tried to keep it really simple, whilst also being inclusive for different skill levels, tastes & yarn preferences:
• Your projects must feature an Australian or New Zealand yarn AND a design by an Australian or New Zealand knitwear or crochet designer.
• It will be a 2023 year-long combined KAL/CAL, with both monthly and annual prizes.
• To be eligible for a monthly prize you must finish your project within that calendar month - WIP’s are allowed.
• If your project features Louie & Lola Yarns, you can post your project an additional time in the thread, for a bonus entry.
• Feel free to double dip in other KAL’s or CAL’s.
• Each month we will select a monthly theme. If your project follows the month’s chosen theme, you can enter your project an additional time in the thread, for another bonus entry.
• Please post your photo entries in the monthly threads in the Ravelry Group or on Instagram using #2023loveloKAL or #2023loveloCAL.
MONTHLY THEME FOR JANUARY 2023: ‘NEW TO YOU’:
To celebrate the start of the new year, we encourage & invite you to feature something ‘New to You’, such as a new-to- you technique, yarn, fibre or designer. If you choose to do so, you can enter your project an additional time in the January 2023 thread, for a bonus entry.
One entry will be chosen after the end of each month and will receive a $50 Louie & Lola Yarns Gift Card. All entries in the monthly threads will be eligible for the annual prizes (details TBA).
Thank you so much for knitting & crocheting along with us each month.
We are super excited to see your projects and discovering some new Australian and New Zealand yarns and patterns.
Feel free to also share your makes on Instagram and tag either #2023loveloKAL or #2023loveloCAL.