This funnel shaped double layer cowl is the perfect accessory for keeping your neck warm with understated style.
It fits snugly around your neck and also fits comfortably under most jackets.
It features a simple grid pattern with tucks and pleats, to keep the knitting interesting and you only need one skein of 4 ply / fingering weight yarn to complete it!
SIZING & FIT
- Sizes: One size fits most. (adult / teen)
Finished measurements: Top circumference: 50 cm / 20”. Bottom circumference: 68 cm / 26.75”. Height: 21 cm / 8.25”.
- Size A: 3 mm / US 2.5 50 cm / 20” circular needle.
- Size B: 3.25 mm / US 3 50 cm / 20” circular needle.
- 9 Stitch markers, tapestry needle, 2 spare > 100 cm / 40” long cables or stitch holders, crochet hook, waste yarn.
- 370 m / 405 yds of Fingering/4-ply weight wool yarn.
Of our yarn bases we would suggest our Polwarth Fingering or Merino Possum Fingering yarn bases. More information on our yarn bases can be found here.
- 21 sts x 40 rows to 10 cm / 4” on size B needles in stockinette stitch in the round, measured from relaxed fabric after blocking.
- Knitting in the round
- Crochet provisional cast-on
- Grafted BO with kitchener stitch
- Increase: RLI
- Decrease: k2tog
- Slipped stitches: Sl
- Knitted tucks: FK(x)
- Cables: RC1/1
This cowl is worked in one piece and in the round into a tube that is twice the height of the finished cowl.
Grid pattern is made up of vertical pleats and horizontal tucks. The intersections are articulated with a subtle cable detail. Funnel shaping is achieved with regular increases.
Lining is worked in stockinette st with regular increase rounds to match funnel shaping of the grid pattern.
As the final step, the work is folded in and CO and BO edges are grafted together.
Shipping calculated at checkout.