These cuff-down socks feature a simple textured basketweave pattern with just knits and purls, french heel and grafted toe.
Knit in one colour for classic elegance or add stripes in a contrasting colour for fun colourplay!
- 2.25mm / US1, 5 double pointed needles (DPN).
(65, 125, 185) (255, 345, 415, 515) m / (71, 137, 202) (279, 377, 454, 563) yds of 4 ply / fingering weight sock yarn.
- 4 ply / fingering weight sock yarn.
- (60, 110, 165) (220, 300, 360, 445) m / (64, 120, 181) (240, 328, 393, 487) yds of Main colour (MC) and (10, 15, 20) (35, 45, 55, 70) m / (11, 17, 22) (39, 50, 61,77) yds of Contrast colour (CC).
Of our yarn bases we would suggest our BFL Nylon Fingering or Merino Nylon Sock yarn bases for the Kaarna Socks. More information on our yarn bases can be found here.
- 32 sts and 45 rnds = 10cm / 4” on 2mm / US0 needles in Basketweave pattern, measured from a relaxed fabric after blocking.
- 2x2 tubular CO (optional)
- Working in the round with DPNs
- Knits and purls
- French heel turn
- Picking up sts from knitted edge
- Basic decreases: k2tog, SSK
- Grafted BO with kitchener stitch
Worked top down with a ribbed cuff and a simple basketweave texture, french heel and grafted toes.
Instructions for size adjustments included in the pattern.
Two versions: Plain, worked in one colour and Striped, worked in two colours, (MC) and (CC).
The pattern is written for working with DPNs but it is also suitable for magic loop method.
Shipping calculated at checkout.