This cowl features a traditional Scandinavian style colourwork pattern and includes instructions for Fingering/4ply and DK/8ply yarn weights.
It is funnel shaped for a better fit, and is a reversible design with colourwork on one side and stripes on the other.
The name Rollo is a nickname for Rovaniemi, which was my home town in Finnish Lapland for ten years.
The design was inspired by the colourwork pattern in Rovaniemi mittens.
SIZING & FIT
- 1 (photographed in mustard yellow and white)
- 2 (photographed in white and rusty red)
- Top circumference: 54 (54) cm / 21.25 (21)”.
- Bottom circumference: 62 (63) cm / 24.5 (24.75)”.
- Height: 18 (20) cm / 7 (8)”.
- Size 1: 3.25 mm / US3 50 cm / 20” circular needle.
- Size 2: 4.5 mm / US7 50 cm / 20” circular needle.
- 5 (4) stitch markers, tapestry needle, crochet hook, waste yarn or stitch holder.
4 ply / fingering weight wool yarn.
220 m / 240 yds of Main colour (MC) and 135 m / 148 yds of Contrast colour (CC).
8-ply / light worsted weight wool yarn.
190 m / 208 yds of Main colour (MC) and 90 m / 98 yds of Contrast colour (CC).
Of our yarn bases we would suggest our Lexington Woolies Cormo Fingering/Sport, Polwarth Fingering or Merino Possum Fingering Size 1 cowl and our Lexington Woolies Cormo DK or Merino Possum DK bases for a Size 2 cowl. More information on our yarn bases can be found here.