Siksak is a light, summery scarf with zigzag shaped ends that are decorated with tassels.
The stitch pattern is formed by combining ribbing with or without twisted stitches, decreases and increases with a dropped stitch lace pattern.
- Length: 172 cm / 67.75”.
- Width: 36 cm / 14.25 “.
- 3 mm / US 2, 60 cm / 24” or longer circular needle or straight needles.
- 4 stitch markers, tapestry needle.
- For Tassels: cardboard, pen, scissors.
- 850 m / 930 yds of light fingering weight linen or linen blend yarn.
- (Scarf: 770 m / 842 yds, tassels: 80 m / 88 yds)
Of our yarn bases we would suggest our Barrington Merino Silk Lace or Merino Silk Cashmere Fingering bases. More information on our yarn bases can be found here.
- 28 sts x 26 rows to 10 cm / 4” in zigzag stitch patt. Measured from relaxed fabric after blocking.
- Stitch count is calculated horizontally across scarf.
- One patt rep is 12 cm / 4.75” wide and 17 cm / 6.75” high.
- Italian tubular CO
- Half twisted ribbing
- I-cord edges
- Basic increases and decreases
- Dropped stitches
- Grafted BO with Kitchener stitch
This scarf is knit flat from short end to short end.
The stitch pattern is a 4-row zigzag pattern that is repeated throughout. Lace stripes are formed by dropped stitches.
There are charted and written instructions for the Zigzag pattern.
The pattern is written for two versions:
- Version A (cream sample) worked in half twisted ribbing.
- Version B (green sample) worked in ribbing without twisted stitches.
Shipping calculated at checkout.